Sunday, April 3, 2011

When the cat's away...

...The mouse will play...isn't that how the saying goes? Well, my wonderful husband has just left to go to Jackson, MS for a 4 day long Rope and Rescue course- which means I have the house all to myself...how will I play? Remember my list of projects??? Tomorrow is so exciting- the house all to myself. To all the married ladies out there- can I get an "Amen" to those days when we have the house to ourselves to really be productive? Don't want to sound like I don't like it when Trey is here- I do.. but it makes it hard to get the good stuff done... so it's free range for me. What's on the schedule?
Well, I'd like to start by cleaning up this house! After days of wedding parties, our house now has an extra layer of funk on the kitchen floor, crumbs on the hardwoods and rugs from chips, late night Krystals, pizzas, orange-sweet rolls, more chips, mud, coffee stains on the counters, a dishwasher full of glasses, forks, plates, and a hamper full of stinky clothes and sheets from having a 3 day long sleepover with our (Trey's) dear friends, Tip and Jonathan, whom I have lovingly given the nicknames "Brother husbands" (nickname taken in humor from the show "Sister Wives.") and who I am happy to have over and hanging out with my honey anytime. But, with that comes "leftovers" from a trip to Tunica for golf, a rehearsal dinner "post-party', and of course, wedding day "pre and post" party. So, where to begin? Sheets- clean sheets are a must! Especially after 3 nights of going out and coming home smelling, well just down right awful. So, sheets are cleaned, beds are made, dishes are washed... but I'm thinking I can wait on really cleaning the house until tomorrow morning.
So, come on Monday- I'll be up early, cleaning, straightening, disinfecting and airing out.. then, plants!! The monkey grass has ben dug out and given to our neighbors the newly weds, new rocks laid down, flower beds cleaned out and mulched, and the freezing temperatures finally gone (I'm thinking)..so I have a trip planned to get some pretty flowers! And, of course, dividing again (for the 2nd year) my hostas, which seem to just love the soil around my house because they literally explode! They are beautiful, but man are they big! Also, painting the attic door, which we've still been talking about for a year- and if I'm really feeling productive, touching up the trim in the hallways and bathroom and ending the day with a long run. Hopefully, the motivation will keep coming, and I told Trey I might even get super ambitious and just repaint the entire hallway..we'll see. Regardless, I am super pumped to basically have open range for motivational and creative juices to flow- good night's rest tonight, then projects and productivity tomorrow!! Won't Trey be so proud?!?

No comments: